Review of Getting Started Docs
- Link is prominent on home page and welcoming. It says "Get Involved" and "Join the Community".
- Great call to action with the big blue "Find Out How" button
Suggestions for http://openmrs.org/help/
- Don't restrict documentation contributions to those with experience and skills with technical writing. Almost *anyone* can help with the docs, in fact it's great to have 'regular people' look through them and tell you what doesn't make sense, even if it *is* technically correct. How about something like:
OpenMRS needs assistance maintaining its documentation and resources. It is important to keep everything up to date and well-organized. We welcome everyone with an interest in writing and organizing information. Don't worry if you're not an experienced technical writer, we'll help you learn!
- I didn't initially notice that the orange headings under Ways To Contribute were links [they are not underlined]. So when I read "Create a profile today" I wasn't sure how to do that. Waving the mouse around a bit solved the problem, but you may be losing people here at the end. Make "Create a profile" an obvious link (blue button?)
- Same with "let us know" under 'Suggest'. It's not obvious how to do that if you don't recognize the headings are links.
- A minor issue http://openmrs.org/about/contact/ says "Help us prevent spam by entering the words into the box above." Actually... the box is *below* the text, and it's currently showing numbers.
Google Code-In participant cshah on #openmrs